Re:problem with root filesystem

Hello Diego,

> Hello, I am trying to generate a root filesystem with the stag-addons.
> I set properly cross-compile file pointing to the toolchain and I
> made:
>
> # dpkg-stag m68k -i busybox--static-embed_1.0.2_m68k.deb
> # dpkg-stag m68k -i dev-init-files-1.0.2.deb
>
> so, I get some files in /var/rootfs-m68k/
>
> I make the romfs image for my mcf5484 board:
>
> # genromfs -d /var/rootfs-m68k -f /tftpboot/romfs.img
>
> An finally I get the kernel and fs together with:
> cat /tftpboot/fs /tftpboot/linux.bin > /tftpboot/image.bin
>
> But when I load this image in the board, it gets stuck after:
>
>   Mounted devfs on /dev
>
> Does anybody have the same problem? What I am doing wrong..?

Disable devfs in your kernel config. It is mounting it's own dev system over
/dev and does not seem to create the correct nodes. Also does your board
support an mmu? I don't have tested that on an mmu less system, and the
userspace programs are compiled against glibc.

Regards,

Philippe

| Philippe De Swert
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)
| http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.