Re: Statusreport on apt-get wrapper (gcc-*-base-arch-linux missing ?)

> Cool. Could you please let me look at your work?
Of course. I need more input but do not lose too mutch time on it. I
intent to spend more time on testing and investigating the effects
of this implementation. I'm not sure if I got all site effects until
now. I have to do more fundemental examinations on the behaviour.

> No, it's expected behaiour. Cross-compilers depend on gcc-X.Y-base. So
> add this to keepdeps.
Ok.

> P.S.
> I remember that I have some unprocessed mail from you, It's not lost,
> just I haven't processed it yet.
Good to know ;)

As you and other may notice I'm working on some wishlist items (which are
also my). My intention is to make the life easier with package installation.
I should also be possible to setup a buildbot(.sf.net) for cross-compilers
e.g. with apt-build. I hope to achieve this with support for Build-Depends
too (patches I make available earlier).

I created a tarball from my CVS snapshot where I worked on apt-get support.
Please install the grep-dctrl package because I use it within the apt-get
wrapper. You also need the new dpkg-cross version with additional support
for new calling parameters (used by apt-get). The dpkg-cross extension is
so minimal so I did not create a new wrapper. You need also a cross-compiler
installed e.g. gcc-3.4, g++-3.4 etc. Automatic installation of the
cross-compiler (build architecture) is not support yet!

I would not make this software public at this stage so do not try this out
if you do not know what you do. This application does not destroy your
installation but create some new directories /var/lib/apt-*-cross and
/var/cache/apt-*-cross. Remove them manually. Anyway, idears and comments
are welcome ;)

http://einstein.speech-design.de/~br/dpkg-cross/dpkg-cross.cvs+apt-get20050111.tar.gz

--
Raphael Bossek