Re: BuildRoot like tool

> The reason for the separation is the difficulty of cross compiling some
> packages.

The utlimate goal of dpkg-cross effort is to make each and every debian
package cross-compilable - even those that don't cross-compile easily :).

> I was happy to see that uclibc was used in Stag for ARM processors.

I am going to implement additional 'target architectures' in dpkg-cross for
support for alternate libc's.
E.g. there will be 'arm-uclibc' architecture, such that running
'dpkg-buildpackage -a arm-uclibc' will result into cross-compiling a deb
that will be linked against uclibc. Same for newlib.