Re: Is this list alive?

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:48:13PM -0800, Allen Curtis wrote:
> >>The Wiki will be install today. I am looking forward to watching the
> >>site grow.  ;-)
> >
> >How will you protect it from spam ? I have seen horrible things
> >happen to a local community wiki here.
>
> Spam postings to the site?

Yes. When you leave a traditional wiki open and publish the address,
terrible things happen (the whole site and all the content are overtaken
by page long descriptions of all kind of products you don't want).

I could forward you the address of the affected pages in private
(I prefer not to post the exact URL in public ...).

I know these people are working hard to find better solutions. I am
not aware myself of the details of the solution, just wanted to let
you know ...

Hope This Helps ...

Peter