Re: speed up the compilation with distcc

Hello Michelle (and others),

Quoting Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de>:

> >Nobody has the ressources to build a cluster?
>
> Because I have no big Devel-Station anymore, I am using distcc
> since last year...
>
> It works quiet well on 20 HP Vectra XA5/200mmx (clients, each
> 192 MByte of memory) and one PII/333 as my Devel-Station (server)

Well that is a quite impressive setup, which must take quite a lot of space...
But I wonder if distcc needs much bandwith. I expect it does from what I read
recently and I don't think it will be usable to do a distcc over the net no?
As you are having such a setup working can you tell some more about the
bandwith use and if you have ever done some cross-development with distcc (if
it is possible)?

Of course it is not really emdebian related, but it is also very interesting
:)

regards,

Philippe

Gestuurd via het webmailsysteem van het De Nayer Instituut: www.denayer.be