Re: raising funds and or donations for the project? sponsors?

Philippe De Swert <philippe.deswert@student.denayer.wenk.be> [040611]:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Quoting Peter Vandenabeele <peter.vandenabeele@mind.be>:
>

> > Far better than contribution money, is contributing code, discussion on
> > architecture, support to newcomers, testing, infrastructurq etc. which
> > eventually costs money indeed, but does not require the management of
> > funds etc. Only for very mature projects (OSDL, Apache, ...) a formal
> > structure may be needed, but at this time, the standard Free SW model
> > seems to work fine here.
> >

> I agree with Peter. We should first have something that works and is more or
> less usable. That we have some demo platforms running emdebian. The "sponsoring"
> we really need for the moment is indeed extra code, infrastructure like servers
> (thank you Allen for arranging one) and eventually also some sort of advertising
> to attract extra people and interest.
>
> BTW: I've got a Compaq proliant 800 at home (single PIII 500 and option to add
> one if I can find one (PIII slot 1 and a compaq power module needed, there are
> some on E-bay but I don't have credit card and they are all in the US), 256MB
> ECC ram and 2xultraSCSI 9GB disks. If we find a location to hang it on the net I
> will also gladly add it to our server-infrastrucure. So that we can have an
> European and American server. And if I can get the tape drive to work, and the
> location is not to far and easely accessible I could also provide backups). If
> there is an interest to use it or some parts can be provided, please contact me.

Maybe I can ask at the university to host some machine in a room. UCL
has good bandwidth, I'm looking for a place to put it.

Maybe I will look to buy a new machine.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bh@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org