Re: dpkg-cross

Hello,

You can force build-depends checking with -D on the dpkg-buildpackage command
line. Problem is indeed still the fact how it knows for which arch it has to
check.

I tried to test it this weekend. And apart from the exams I've had a 4 hour
black-out so I did not have much time. I run into trouble however with the
dpkg-buildpackage.orig that is missing etc... So I have to make time to get me a
clean debian to be able to test it without having to mess around to much.

Quoting Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk>:

> > Bison is in build-depends of binutils, but build-depends is not checked
> when
> > debian/rules binary-cross is executed.
>
> yes - this is something I'd like stag to deal with eventually - check
> build-dependencies and install the right things. This is of course ticky
> because it doesn't know if the native or the cross versions of things should
> be installed. Any suggestion as to how this might be dealt with?
>
> Do we really need build-deps-arch and build-deps-indep to solve this
> 'properly'? (in which case Emdebian packages should be patched accordingly)

regards,

Philippe

Gestuurd via het webmailsysteem van het De Nayer Instituut: www.denayer.be