Re: dpkg-cross

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 10:52:28PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> I'm just looking at your latest versions of dpkg-cross, and gcc, nikita, and
> it looks like you have done lots of good things that help emdebian on its
> way. Thnax very much - it is most appreciated.

Yeah, he's done a good job.

> Hmmm, I've talkedf to dave in the past. I wonder if he's justbusy. I am
> happy to help with an NMU if it is needed.

I just started a new company, so yes, I'm rather busy.  I also
promised an upload by now, which is always frustrating.

My goal has always been to not let dpkg-cross slide further into
non-maintenence as when I found it.  (And it hasn't -- I actually
respond to email about it :))  I see dpkg-cross as the kind of
package that people hack on occasionally to scratch an itch, not
something that a developer will be interested in long-term.  I
hope to take the place of that person, to smooth out the edges
between itch scratchers.

My edge smoothing ritual today will be to create an alioth project.

dave...