Re: some thoughts (scratchbox, emdebian/rules)

+++ Justin Cormack [04-02-17 15:40 +0000]:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 14:05, Philippe De Swert wrote:
>
> > Another idea I found quite good (ideaby Wookey) was to add an emdebian/rules
> > instead of an debian/rules file

Just to gkeep the credit's straight, this was actually something Phil Blundell
suggested to me, modelled on the way udebs are set out.

> I was thinking about this earlier today actually

<snip sensible comments>

> I am fairly inclined to just start working on it and see what happens,

I think this applies to a lot of this stuff - we can make lists of pros and
cons of things, which is OK as far as it goes, and helps catch problems we
might not think of individually, but ultimately I think we have to try it on
a reasonable subset of packages to find out what works and what doesn't.

e.g how many packages don't use debhelper?, how many places do we need the
change the infrastructure to use the new targets (where we put the files).
What breaks that we weren't expecting?