Re: Linux on CF-Cards

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:51:00AM -0600, Richard Smith wrote:

Yes, it is true that CF has a rather limited write cycle, compared
to other persistent storage. But, I don't think anybody doing
serious embedded systems will want to use the CF as a hard disk.
CF is a great way to boot up the system.  Then, most of its content
should be mounted as read-only on a ram-based root filesystem. The
writable-part should be on the ramdisk, and should be updated to
the CF only occasionally.

Does Linux have union-mount yet, in 2.6.x?  It will make my life
less miserable in building embedded systems.

Bao