Re: cross compilation; 10% performance hit

> Why not run a diff on their gcc sources vs yours to see what changes
> they have applied?

Tnx, that would have been my next action, but I was checking to see if
I missed something really obvious here :)

But still, would it then not be strange that, if such changes were
made, these are not reflected in the main sources (maybe not just yet
though).

I am just trying to figure out what the added value is of a commercial
distribution, esp, since there are some significant (packaging)
drawbacks they are not willing to give up (lock in I would assume).