Re: cross compilation; 10% performance hit

Marc Leeman wrote:

In order to be able to respond quicker to compiler changes/bugs/tests, I
decided to configure my own toolchain
(http://people.debian.org/~debacle/cross.html).

Even though, with some trial and error, I got everything working, but I
have one strange effect: compared with our current commercial
distribution (MVL 3.1), the binaries that are compiled with the "debian"
compiler take an immediate performance hit of at least 10%.

Any suggestions or comments on this?

Why not run a diff on their gcc sources vs yours to see what changes they have applied?

--
David N. Welton
davidw@eidetix.com