Re: Hi, and embedded routers

+++ Philippe De Swert [04-07-09 16:18 +0200]:
> Hi Chris,
> There is only one problem. The installation of my tool package is quite hard.
> Wookey should have a better one, but I don't know where to get it.

It's in emdebian cvs, and the website even says so now.

> For the
> moment you also have to use it with dpkg-cross 1.14 (the 1.16 version is still
> being tested for full emdebian functionality) Hopefully once all this is done we
>  can release a non-expirimental system and start building away packages.

I'm not quite sure what the current state of things is. You can either
1) stick with dpkg-cross 1.14 and the stag-addons version at the stag website,
which works but essentially prevents you having dpkg-dev and anyuthing that
depends on it instaled, which is a pain.
2) Try dpkg-cross 1.17 with the stag-addons from emdebian cvs, but I thik
things were still a bit broken last time I tried it, but I'm not sure if
that was just because I'd messed about with everything on my machine.
Ideally dpkg-dev would also be updated to be compatible and then everything
would fit together nicely.