Hi, and embedded routers

Hi All,

A quick intro: I'm Chris, from Reading, Berks, UK. 25, and a mechanical
engineer (semicon R&D). Been using Debian for about a year now (on servers &
desktops).

Interested in setting up embedded firewall/router/VPN gateways using
EmDebian, and a Soekris board, or similar.

I saw you guys at the LUDEX show in London, and that's what sparked the
re-interest.

I have followed the thread about Debian router (compressed FS needs) from
the Apr 2004 archives. I have read through the howto by Vadim, and also his
shell script. It seems a good starting point.

Vadim requires a statically linked busybox binary to use his script. Would
the Sarge version of busybox-static fulfill this need, or would I have to
take the source (either debian, or vanilla, and compile statically?)? I hope
someone can advise on this issue.

Also, if I chose not to use busbox, and hacked away at the thing myself, how
would one start using emdebian. The embedded board would be running an i386
clone.

Cheers

Chris

believed to be clean.