uwoody on mac os x?

For a long time I've wanted to port glibc to run on top of Mac OS X
(invoking BSD libSystem calls instead of invoking SYSCALL
instructions).  But glibc is just... well, a huge pain to port.  Case
in point, the glibc team now admits that it no longer builds for any
kernel except Linux (and Hurd).

Enter uwoody.  Very interesting... how much of Debian have you been
able to build?  I suspect that the hard part is getting the base
system and debootstrap going; after that you ought to be able to build
the rest from .dsrc's right?

Anyways, porting ulibc to Mac OS X will certainly be easier than
porting glibc... I guess I'm just trying to get an idea of how much of
the Debian system that will get me.

I really want Debian back, but I can't stand Fink (which is NOT
Debian, or even close to it).

  - a

--
"The first time I read this book I felt what I could only explain as a
 great disturbance in the Force: it was as if a billion washing

                             -- anonymous book reviewer on Amazon.com