Re: toolchains

+++ Nikita V. Youshchenko [04-06-10 23:25 +0400]:
> Wookey wrote:
> >
> > OK. I've nearly got this working here too, but I don't know what the
> > 'patch' referred to for gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.4 is. I've got the binutils
> > one from one of your bugreps. I searched the bugreps for a gcc patch but
> > failed to find it. Can you give me a pointer please.
>
> Those patches fix powerpc target build.
> Both are attached.

thanx

> I'm thinking of enabling/fixing cross-compiler builds also for gcc-2.95 and
> gcc-snapshot packages. What do you think of those?

Having 2.95 cross-compilers is useful I think as the 3.x series still has
problems from time to time when it is useful to go back to a version you
really trust. I would only do it if it was fairly quick as it will probably
not be needed that much longer.

> What to do with dpkg-cross? Sid STILL has broken 1.14 ...

I'm going away for a week and don't have time this afternoon, otherwise I
would just do an upload. If it hasn't been done by next monday I'll NMU it.