Re: New Emdebian Server available

Allen Curtis <acurtis@onz.com> [040610]:
> Hello Everyone,
> My name is Allen Curtis and I wanted to inform everyone that a new
> Emdebian development server is on-line. I have been working with Wookey
> on this system. Many of the tools still need to be installed but the
> website is up and running.
>
> System Specs:
> * Dual Pentium III @ 525MHz
> * 2 Ultra SCSI 18GB hard drives
> * Debian version installed is "Sarge"
>
> DNS Info:
> buildd.emdebian.org
> onz.emdebian.org
>
> Geographic location:
> Southern California, USA
>
> As for myself, I am new to Emdebian development but have been working
> in embedded and real-time since 1984. The past 4 years I have worked
> exclusively on embedded Linux development for PPC, x86 and ARM
> processors. My current project uses the TI OMAP 5910 processor to
> implement an in-flight entertainment device.
>
> If you are an Emdebian developer, please take a moment to introduce
> yourself. If you have recommendations on tools or other requirements
> for development, pass those along as well. We are still working out the
> details of what should be installed on the system. As I mentioned, the
> website is installed and appears to be functional.

What about setting up an UML instance for each developper?

I personnaly have a ibook 500mhz with 128megs of ram, and it would be
great to loose as much time as possible compiling those emdebian
packages.

My view is that we should look for funding/renting to build a cluster of
servers, with the possibility to have an UML instance per developper.

I don't know howto profit from the power of the whole cluster...

Do you have an idea on howto increase the speed of compiling using that
kind of cluster? How far the compiling speed can be improved?

--
Benjamin Henrion <bh@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org