Re: Why can the .rpm package not be installed?

+++ KENNY_ZHANG@agit.com.cn [04-06-10 13:30 +0800]:
> Why can the .rpm package not be installed?
>
> The command line is like that:
> "rpm -i gcc-arm-2.95.2-12e4.i386.rpm"
>
> The error imformation is:
> "errot: unpacking of archive failed on file \@P\@el\t1: cpio: Archive file
> not in header"
>
> Please tell me the reason. I will appreciate you.

I think these are rpm v3 files and apparently things need to be at least rpm
v4 these days. (quite why it isn't backward compatible for old rpms like
this I don't know, but there you go).

Someone did once do a conversion and send me the files but I never got round
to uploading them <guilt>.

As Nikita suggested you are probably better off trying his newer packages
(via alien), or some other rpm-prepared cross-comp packages.