Re: PCMCIA interrupts on PC104+

On Friday 22 August 2003 14:14, Christopher Curtis wrote:
> David Goodenough wrote:
> > On Friday 22 August 2003 12:15, Christopher Curtis wrote:
> >>unless you are booting off one of these devices, you may be able to
> >>speed up your boot time by turning off PCMCIA detection in the BIOS.
> >>
> >>My board defaults to a conflicting
> >>IRQ, so I just edited /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and told it to exclude
> >>that IRQ.  There are lots of pretty well-documented settings there.
> >>
> >>Also, cat /proc/interrupts and make sure things are as you expect.
> >
> > I am unsure, given that this processor is PC104+ and the PCMCIA
> > card is PC104+, how I would tell linux to look to the AT but (the PC104
> > bit) and not the PCI bus to find the PCMCIA card.  Also I need the
> > extra bus bandwidth in the PCI bus.  So I really need to sort out
> > the PCI problems unfortunately.
>
> Unless there's a severe misunderstanding here, your response has nothing
> to do with my suggestions.  PCMCIA IRQs are specified in
> /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, and linux IRQ settings are in /proc/interrupts.
>   The bus the carrier is on should be pretty much irrelevant.
>
> Chris

Part of my problem is that with the BIOS setup to attach the interrupt lines
to the IRQs automatically I do not know which IRQs are to be used.  There
is an extra level of indirection, in that the four possible interrupt lines
from the PC104+ boards are assigned to four IRQs for the processor board.
That assignment is done automatically and unless the processor tells me
how it has assigned them I have yet to find a way to establish which is which.

Butif I assign them manually, I suppose I would have to treat them as though
they were ISA resources.  Part of what I am asking is whether this is a
correct interpretation, and whether there are any consequences of such a
choise.

David