Re: PCMCIA interrupts on PC104+

On Friday 22 August 2003 12:15, Christopher Curtis wrote:
> David Goodenough wrote:
>
> [much hardware specs]
>
> > When I start up the system it finds the PCMCIA card
>
> [...]
>
> > BIOS would still not
> > know which board in the stack used which lines and
> > therefore which IRQs.
>
> Actually, it should be able to read these if it can identify the cards.
>   My PC/104 (non-+) doesn't support PCMCIA in the BIOS at all, and
> unless you are booting off one of these devices, you may be able to
> speed up your boot time by turning off PCMCIA detection in the BIOS.
> I'm kinda newish to PCMCIA and this form factor myself, though, so ...
>
> > If we are back to the ISA world, now do I specify which IRQs
> > are actually being used to the PCMCIA software in linux.
>
> PC/104 is ISA, so that's where I am.  My board defaults to a conflicting
> IRQ, so I just edited /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and told it to exclude
> that IRQ.  There are lots of pretty well-documented settings there.
>
> Also, cat /proc/interrupts and make sure things are as you expect.
>
> regards,
> Chris

I am unsure, given that this processor is PC104+ and the PCMCIA
card is PC104+, how I would tell linux to look to the AT but (the PC104
bit) and not the PCI bus to find the PCMCIA card.  Also I need the
extra bus bandwidth in the PCI bus.  So I really need to sort out
the PCI problems unfortunately.

David