Re: PCMCIA interrupts on PC104+

David Goodenough wrote:
On Friday 22 August 2003 12:15, Christopher Curtis wrote:

unless you are booting off one of these devices, you may be able to
speed up your boot time by turning off PCMCIA detection in the BIOS.

My board defaults to a conflicting
IRQ, so I just edited /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and told it to exclude
that IRQ.  There are lots of pretty well-documented settings there.

Also, cat /proc/interrupts and make sure things are as you expect.

I am unsure, given that this processor is PC104+ and the PCMCIA
card is PC104+, how I would tell linux to look to the AT but (the PC104
bit) and not the PCI bus to find the PCMCIA card.  Also I need the
extra bus bandwidth in the PCI bus.  So I really need to sort out
the PCI problems unfortunately.

Unless there's a severe misunderstanding here, your response has nothing to do with my suggestions. PCMCIA IRQs are specified in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, and linux IRQ settings are in /proc/interrupts. The bus the carrier is on should be pretty much irrelevant.

Chris