Re: Embedded Debian and udebs

ok, so as I understand as far as dpkg is concerned, udebs and debs are
exactly the same.  However udebs and debs are designed for different
purposes.

For an embedded product that is not designed to be compatible with any
debian archives, calling packages udebs would be preferable?  Please,
someone correct me if I'm wrong.  What I would like to do is create a
list of packages to be installed, then have an image created that would
contain a filesystem with selected packages on it, so that it can be
easily copied onto flash or whatever other medium is being used.

David

--
     David Meggy

Technical Solutions Inc.