Re: Salsa permissions

Hi Xiyue,

Le dimanche 10 mars 2024 à 18:08, Xiyue Deng <manphiz@gmail.com> a écrit :

For getting push rights you'll need to wait for the team owners'
approval.

Yes, this is what I'm doing.

I don't think I have permission to add new members to the
team

No. And I do not need to be added to the team, I am already in it.

but I do have commit rights to handle merge requests, which is why
I asked.

Unless I'm mistaken, not in this case.

The branches I want to push to are protected, which means neither of us (we are "Developers", in gitlab permission parlance) can push to it. Only "Maintainers" or above can.

This is why I'm asking to be promoted to gitlab Maintainer. It is the first time I want to push to protected branches. Those are not very frequent, as far as I can tell, and I am not sure whether they were declared protected on purpose or simply by default.

Best,

Aymeric