Re: Salsa permissions

Hi Aymeric,

Aymeric Agon-Rambosson <aymeric.agon@yandex.com> writes:

> Hi Xiyue,
>
> Le lundi 4 mars 2024 à 11:38, Xiyue Deng <manphiz@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Will you submit the changes as merge requests for review?  I'll try
>> take a look later this week.
>
> I generally don't submit merge requests when I package a new upstream
> release, since it requires synchronised pushes to multiple branches
> (upstream branch, debian branch, according to the git workflow of the
> repo). And this, as far as I know, is not supported by gitlab merge
> requests.
>
> But, if you want, as soon as I get the right to push, and do so, I can
> ping you for review before asking for an upload.
>
> If you do not want to wait, I can also prepare private forks of the
> repos I mentioned.
>
> Do tell me.
>
> Cheerio,
>
> Aymeric

For getting push rights you'll need to wait for the team owners'
approval.  I don't think I have permission to add new members to the
team but I do have commit rights to handle merge requests, which is why
I asked.

I think workflow-wise you can also send merge requests for different
branches, right?  That can then be handled by MRs, or I can cherrypick
your MRs locally, check, and commit which should also work fine.  IIRC
the only tricky parts are tags which is not directly supported by MRs,
which I can coordinate manually with you on this.

--
Xiyue Deng