Re: Looking to contribute

Hi Thomas,

Чт 11 янв 2018 @ 03:39 tomas cordeu <tcordeu@gmail.com>:

> 1) I saw on a previous email that the package auto-complete needs some
> work. Should I start with that or go for another option?

This particular package has a maintainer, and is not team-maintained by
pkg-emacsen. Well, that maintainer is semi-almost-disappeared, but still
I don't think it is a good idea to just kidnap the package.

You can take a look at the team's packages list [0], and if there's a
package you're interested in, and it has bugs or lintian warnings, you
can work on it.

Or you can package some non-packaged already Emacs package. You can look
at the list of Spacemacs packages, and if some package is not packaged
yet by pkg-emacsen, then you can prepare a Debian package with it. NB:
the list contains *DONE* mark for those packages, that are packaged by
pkg-emacsen, so be careful and check that a given package is not
maintained already outside of the pkg-emacsen team (e. g., auto-complete
is shown as todo, but still it is in Debian).

Cheers!
Lev Lamberov

[0] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-emacsen-addons@lists.alioth.debian.org

[1] https://pkg-emacsen.alioth.debian.org/spacemacs/