Re: Looking to contribute

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 11 2018, tomas cordeu wrote:

> 2) Is the guide “New Mantainers Guide” enough to get a grasp of
> packaging?

It is rather out-of-date, unfortunately.  I haven't looked for a while,
but it might mislead you more than it helps you, so if you are able to
learn from other sources, I would avoid it.

I recommend grabbing an Emacs addon, running dh-make-elpa to generate
packaging, and then trying to figure out what each file in debian/ does.
With reference to the Debian Policy Manual.

--
Sean Whitton