fixing bug #610714 in Debian squeeze

Hi everyone,

Since squeeze has now been released, it might be a plan to fix

for Debian squeeze. Problems from users continue to be reported. Some of these people probably think they are doing something wrong, understandably assuming Debian wouldn't let a bug that breaks preview persist in Debian stable so long.

According to popcon, auctex is installed on over 10,000 Debian machines.

http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=auctex

I'm surprised there is not more of a reaction.

In any case, I can prepare an NMU if someone will review and sponsor it. Unless someone else wants to do it, that is.

                                                        Regards, Faheem