Bug handling for removed emacs21/emacs22 packages?

Hi,

all four emacs21, emacs21-non-dfsg, emacs22 and emacs22-non-dfsg
packages have been now removed from both squeeze and sid. All four packages
have some amount of open bugs.

I could help handling those bugs, but how should I proceed? AFAIK only
submitter or maintainer should close bugs, so is it bad behaviour if I
just properly close some bugs which have IMHO been fixed/handled by
removing the packages? Can I also reassign rest of the bugs to emacs23
packages, or what should be done for those?

It seems that amount of open bugs for all GNU emacs packages is quite
enormous, and some of those are quite old.

--
Tommi Vainikainen