Re: RFC: relaxation of debian-emacs-policy dependency requirements

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:22:23PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> Agustin Martin <agmartin@debian.org> writes:
> > For the records, dictionaries-common uses flags like
> >
> > /usr/share/$flavour/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/done
> >
> > to signal that things are already built and do not need further rebuild.
> > It is removed from prerm code.
>
> Right.  I think I may just be proposing that we make something like this
> part of policy, and automatic (internal to emacsen-common), for all
> packages and flavors.

Just comment that other add-ons do check for the presence of last
byte-compiled file for the same purpose.

I was a bit paranoid and used the done flag, in case a buggy emacs ever
opens the .elc file, fails during byte-compilation and does not remove the
.elc file.

[P.S: I read debian-emacsen]

--
Agustin