Re: GPL V2 and GPLv3

    PSG> Milan Zamazal <pdm@debian.org> wrote:
    >> When I met a proprietary Elisp program several years ago and
    >> wondered about this phenomenon on an Emacs mailing list, it was
    >> explained to me that a program needn't be GPLed just because it
    >> happens to be written in Elisp.

    PSG> My understand was that this is correct until you load a GPL
    PSG> library through a `load' or `require'.

Do you mean 3rd party (i.e. "non-standard") libraries?  IIRC the
proprietary software was the oo-browser etc. suite before it has become
free, i.e. software definitely using Emacs builtin functions and
libraries.  But FSF should definitely give much more authoritative
opinion :-).

Regards,

Milan Zamazal