Re: emacs22 Debian package?

On February 28, 2007 at 5:33PM -0800,
rlb (at defaultvalue.org) wrote:

> Tatsuya Kinoshita <tats@vega.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
>
> > Rob, could you please agree on taking over your emacs* packages by
> > the Debian emacsen team (Romain and others, and you if you wish)?
[...]
> It has always been my intent to continue maintaining the FSF Emacs
> package, and I've been planning to make an emacs22 release once Emacs
> 22 is released upstream.  In fact, I have an emacs22 tree here that
> I've been working on, and that's what I have been planning to release
> as emacs22.  I also plan to discuss/decide some outstanding
> emacsen-common issues shortly, in particular, the .el/elc symlink
> issue, and the load-path issue.
>
> In any case, Jérôme has been a big help, and of course I'd be
> interested in help from other people, but I certainly wasn't thinking
> of giving up the package at the moment.
>
> My normal course for accepting additional people would be the same one
> that Jérôme followed.  He offered help, started submitting patches,
> and after a while, I added him as an uploader.

Thanks for the reply.

I was afraid that you lost interests in your emacs* packages.  If
you are active well in maintaining, I don't intend to take over
your packages.  Anyway, I'm in PTS and debian-emacsen list to help.

BTW, I feel Emacs 22.0.94 (pretest version of 22.1) reaches a
quality for Debian release.  So, please consider that Debian
emacs22 package will be uploaded soon even though it is not yet an
upstream official release at the moment.

--
Tatsuya Kinoshita