Re: emacs22 Debian package?

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

> Taking over the package without asking him about what he plans
> about Emacs and his contribution would be rude.

I see your point about him being the historical maintainer of the
stable Emacs packages, but on the other hand Emacs 22 has been
maintained in Debian for the last 18 months by me, not him.  Not
under the name 'emacs22', but still.

And anyway, my proposition was not to "take over" his packages, but
to inject new life into Debian's Emacs world by forming a team that
includes him, you, and everybody else who might be interested and
has time to contribute.

--
  ,''`.
 : :' :        Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>