Re: emacs22 Debian package?

On February 28, 2007 at 10:05AM +0100,
rfrancoise (at debian.org) wrote:

> > Taking over the package without asking him about what he plans
> > about Emacs and his contribution would be rude.
>
> I see your point about him being the historical maintainer of the
> stable Emacs packages, but on the other hand Emacs 22 has been
> maintained in Debian for the last 18 months by me, not him.  Not
> under the name 'emacs22', but still.
>
> And anyway, my proposition was not to "take over" his packages, but
> to inject new life into Debian's Emacs world by forming a team that
> includes him, you, and everybody else who might be interested and
> has time to contribute.

The `emacs' metapackage is provided by the emacs21 source
package at this time.  It should be provided by emacs22 for Lenny.

Also, I hope that the team will maintain the emacsen-common package,
currently maintained by Rob.

Rob, could you please agree on taking over your emacs* packages by
the Debian emacsen team (Romain and others, and you if you wish)?

To discuss the future of emacs* packages, please join in the
debian-emacsen list.

Thanks,
--
Tatsuya Kinoshita