Re: New DFSG-compliant emacs packages

Hi,

        Is this discussion going any where?  Debian has a stance about
 what it considers free, and what it's support polices regarding
 non-free material, and these are spelled out in the social contract.

        People disagree with how we divvy up free software from
 non-free software; we get that. We now are going around in cricles
 with people accusing us of all kinds of nasty things, unethical
 behaviour, lying, harming users, being silly, being inconsistent, and
 probably other nasty things I have missed.  Perhaps we eat babies.

        We get that too.

        However, this is not a list for debating Debian's policy about
 free software, the social contract, the DFSG, the non free archive,
 and the morals and ethics of the project as a while.

        None of this discussion seems to be relevant to emacs packages
 anymore, though I would not like to lose track of the issue about
 patch shadowing and whether we should hardlink .el files into the
 place where we create .el files, and only include the latter in the
 load-path.

        So, can we take all non technical discussion of this list? I
 have set Mail-Followup-T and Reply-To appropriately, pointing to a
 list where you may have such discussions to your hearts content, and
 have a better chance of accomplishing whatever desired outcome you
 have in mind for this discussion.

        Please join me in a new thread about load path issues in
 Debian's emacsen.

        manoj
--
QOTD: "I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."