Re: Multi-TTY branch & debian emacs-snapshot

Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> writes:
> You (daniel@brockman.se) wrote:
>
>  DB> Everyone is aware of the multi-tty Debian packages linked to
>  DB> from the aforementioned page, right?  (Just making sure.)
>
> I'm not sure are they properly Debianized, and if not, they are mostly
> useless.

FWIW, the packaging is based on an earlier version of emacs-snapshot,
and I find it integrates quite well with Debian's elisp packages.

However, I don't think it would be a good idea to add the
emacs-multi-tty packages to the Debian archive.  This is unreleased
experimental software that is even less stable than emacs-snapshot.  I
would prefer if users would not confuse it with an official Emacs
release.  Therefore, I suggest you wait at least until the branch is
merged back to the mainline.

--
Károly