Date: 31 Jan 2005 22:12:29 -0500
To: mlang@debian.org
CC: jeroen@wolffelaar.nl
Subject: Re: Your Debian packages

Mario -

Okay, emacspeak is yours.

My draft package for emacspeak-21 is at http://jrv.oddones.org/
If you search for text "emacspeak-21" there are several links, which
include the .diff file.

Compared to the -17 package, I've changed debian/rules to build the
html files and install them under /usr/share/doc/emacspeak/html.

The package installs the .el files in
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/
copies them to
/usr/share/emacs21/site-lisp
and compiles them there.  I had been compiling with a fragile set of
commands, which broke this time.  I decided to do it properly, using
the Makefile from the sources.  The compilations now
succeed, but emacspeak won't start.  The final messages are:

   eval-buffer: Wrong type argument: keymapp, nil

I don't know what is going wrong.  Maybe you can figure it out.  Or
maybe you would be better off starting over with dh_make.

I'll be willing to answer questions - though I'm leaving for a
business trip tomorrow, and won't be back until Friday night.

Good luck!

	- Jim Van Zandt