Re: emacs-snapshot uploaded to unstable

On 16. August 2005 at 8:00PM +0200,
Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org> wrote:

[...]

> It is a completely separate installation, and I recommend
> keeping the stable version installed alongside, in case the
> snapshot is too buggy to be usable (which should not happen,
> but you never know).

Thanks for the package, the clarification and the advice. I just
restarted emacs-snapshot-gtk after what seems to be font-related
crash (not reproducible).

> Your configuration files should just work unless you have very
> low-level stuff (complex advice, etc).  However, if you use
> emacs-snapshot to _add_ new customization items to your
> configuration files, you might end up with incompatible
> changes.

I tend to customize by hand. But I don't know if some programs
write out changes to their configuration files during the course
of their operation.