Re: Questions about emacs-snapshot (and also a small patch)

Daniel Brockman <daniel <at> ... > wrote:

> Error while loading 50w3m-el
> Error while loading 51debian-el
> Error while loading 51planner-el
>
> How do you know what needs to be done to fix the w3m-el, debian-el,
> and planner-el packages?

The following hack from http://usefulinc.com/edd/notes/CVSEmacsOnDebian
helps me:
------------------------------------
emacs-snapshot doesn't seem to define some symbols that various modes expect.
Here's a nasty hack to get around this. I don't understand why I needed to do
this, and I couldn't find the "right" place to do it. But this works. Add this
file as /etc/emacs-snapshot/site-start.d/01emacs-snapshot-fixes.el and then
dpkg-reconfigure emacs-snapshot :

  (setq load-path (append '("/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp") load-path))

  (defconst flavor 'emacs-snapshot
                      "A symbol representing the particular debian flavor of
emacs running.
                    Something like 'emacs20, 'xemacs20, etc.")

Best, Alex