Re: Questions about emacs-snapshot (and also a small patch)

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

> Quoting Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp>:
>> Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:
>>
>>> 'baz diff' is what you want.
>>
>> Or with tla, "tla changes --diffs" ...
>
> Which is twice longer than 'baz diff'.

And completely unhelpful to anyone who's ever used any other VCS.
I hardly think the command name `diff' is so bad that it has to be
removed despite the fact that it's what everyone is going to expect.
Indeed, I rather prefer `diff' over `changes --diffs', even if you
don't consider the length difference.  (I also realize that Miles did
not indent to start an argument about this, and for all I know loathes
the `changes --diffs' spelling as much as anyone.)

>> YMMV with regard to "baz" I think.  It's been quite flaky every
>> time I've tried it, though the bugs/problems tend to be _different_
>> than those in tla... the goals behind it are nice, but I haven't
>> been too impressed with the reality.
>
> I use baz very often and it is a great progress towards
> userfriendliness.  Baz 1.3 takes URLs as parameters now and
> automatically registers archives.
>
>  Example: baz get http://my.url/archive/category--branch

Awesome!  I think that's one of the most annoying things about tla.

> Whether there are bugs is not that critical: its teams is reactive
> and fixes very quickly.
>
> Tla keeps having a horrible UI and is not making progress.
> And it will not change anytime soon.

You gotta love free software. :-)

--
Daniel Brockman <daniel@brockman.se>