Re: Emacsen startup scripts

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@nerim.net> writes:

> When shipping a given package, do we want all functions to be
> accessible through find-function? There is no mention of
> this in the Emacs policy and not all packages provide
> such paths.

To me, M-x find-function RET is a kind of documentation feature.  I
use it quite often.  And software should be installed with
documentation, not without it.

(M-x finder-commentary RET also requires the *.el files on load-path.
I understand that it is used by C-h p, though I'm not sure if all
locally added packages are accessible via C-h p.)

Does anyone know which other documentation-like features require the
*.el files?

Kai