Re: Clean xemacs fonts

my guess is: Verdana 8px, by Matthew Carter for Microsoft (sigh)
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/microsoft/verdana/
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FID=1&FNAME=Verdana

it's a free (as in free icecream) proportional (non monospaced) font,
and it's in debian contrib
apt-get install msttcorefonts

a nice and free (as in free tibet) alternative is Bitstream Vera Sans,
less nice without antialias (not really supported by *Emacs) but with
a monospaced version (Vera Sans Mono).
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FID=1&FNAME=Verdana

Once I did (just for myself, and no, I don't distribute it...) a 8px
monospaced version of Verdana, called Veranda Mono...
http://www.typophile.com/forums/messages/29/1951.html?1063785757

waiting for Emacs + Pango...
g.

--