Re: Clean xemacs fonts

my guess is: Verdana 8px, by Matthew Carter for Microsoft (sigh)

it's a free (as in free icecream) proportional (non monospaced) font,
and it's in debian contrib
apt-get install msttcorefonts

a nice and free (as in free tibet) alternative is Bitstream Vera Sans,
less nice without antialias (not really supported by *Emacs) but with
a monospaced version (Vera Sans Mono).

Once I did (just for myself, and no, I don't distribute it...) a 8px
monospaced version of Verdana, called Veranda Mono...

waiting for Emacs + Pango...

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:12:52 +0200, Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net> wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I recently found this nice screenshot
> http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/xemacs.png and wondered
> which fonts are configured inside the shown xemacs session.
> They are clean and clear, ideal for development.
> Any suggestions on the font name and how to configure them inside
> xemacs?
> I thought the fonts were fixed and checked them in xemacs, the result
> was quite sad, fixed fonts don't work well with my xemacs (To small).
> Thanks in advantage for feedback,
>  I.
> P.S. Please note that I'm off-list so please Cc: me on reply, thanks.
> --
>                         )/_
>               _.--..---"-,--c_    Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net>
>          \L..'           ._O__)_  http://mentors.debian.net/~eim/
>  -.      _.+  _  \..--( /         irc.FreeNode.net #debian-mentors
>    `\.-''__.-' \ (     \_         A Public Debian Package Repository
>                   ')

Giovanni Pensa