Re: How to maintain emacs-snapshot-ized packages?

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> This would mean, I guess, to fetch the source package, then tweak it,
> then build it.  So I'm looking for something which allows me to
> auto-tweak it after fetching and before building.  Something that is
> approximately as easy as doing "apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade".

You might want to take a look at apt-src:

 apt-src is a command line interface for downloading, installing, upgrading,
 and tracking Debian source packages. It makes source package management
 feel a lot like using apt to manage binary packages, and is being used as
 a testbed to work on adding source dependencies to Debian.
 .
 It can be run as a normal user, or as root. If you want a convenient way to
 track updates to packages while preserving your local modifications, this is
 a way to do that.

(Note that last sentence...)

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.