Re: the el files and a possible bug in the new version of ispell.el

On 10 Jun 2004, agmartin@aq.upm.es wrote:

> Uwe Brauer wrote

> and that ispell.elc is not used. The one I previously mentioned is
> bytecompiled on install and is first in the load path
>
>> And that leads me to a general question: could not please be all el
>> files shipped?

Ok James  Moss the xemacs debian maintainer  told me this  much, and I
Sent  now an official bug  report just a couple of  minutes  ago. As a
matter of fact I thought your answer would be with respect to this bug
report, which I would have found incredible fast.

> Please let me know which problem you found. ispell.el is now shipped
> by dictionaries-common package for  all emacsen flavours.  It should
> not have problems  with xemacs, since  it is essentially the same as
> in xemacs CVS (ispell.el 3.6)   with some Debian changes. They   are
> essentially:
>
> - ispell-dictionary-alist is rebuilt after really installed
> dictionaries - tags are skipped in xml - default ispell dict is
> obtained through the debconf selected value - Some more codings
> allowed (ISO-8859-3, ISO-8859-7)
>
> If a patch goes with the bug report, wonderful, but first let me
> know your problem, may be is a feature that needs to be handled in a
> different way (e.g., fixes for the ispell-dictionary-alist contents)
> or is already fixed

Right, I had a look  at the  debian  versus the original ispell.el  (v
3.3) there are quite some changes. It seems that right now apt-get has
some  connection problems. May  be the easiest  would  be if you could
send me the ispell file before the change around May 12.

It might be a problem of the alist variable however it might be
something more specific in connection with flyspell.

Regards

Uwe