Re: the el files and a possible bug in the new version of ispell.el

Uwe Brauer wrote
I am on sid, using Xemacs 21.4.15 no mule.
It seems that after I upgraded my sid distribution may 28, ispell goes
beserk.  I would like to  send a bug  report, but first  I need the el
file from:

Find it under /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell.el

unfortunately only the byte compile files are shipped in
/usr/share/xemacs21/site-lisp/dictionaries-common

and that ispell.elc is not used. The one I previously mentioned is bytecompiled on install and is first in the load path

And that leads me to a general question: could not please be all el
files shipped?

Please let me know which problem you found. ispell.el is now shipped by dictionaries-common package for all emacsen flavours. It should not have problems with xemacs, since it is essentially the same as in xemacs CVS (ispell.el 3.6) with some Debian changes. They are essentially:

- ispell-dictionary-alist is rebuilt after really installed dictionaries
- tags are skipped in xml
- default ispell dict is obtained through the debconf selected value
- Some more codings allowed (ISO-8859-3, ISO-8859-7)

If a patch goes with the bug report, wonderful, but first let me know your problem, may be is a feature that needs to be handled in a different way (e.g., fixes for the ispell-dictionary-alist contents) or is already fixed

Cheers,

Agustin
Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agustin.martin@hispalinux.es, http://www.aq.upm.es/~agmartin