Re: Emacsen MUA

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@nerim.net> wrote:

> Tatsuya Kinoshita <tats@vega.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
>
> > Peter's message (recent post to this list, using MH-E) is not a
> > MIME message.  It has non-ascii characters without `Content-Type:'.
>
> I didn't notice it has non-acsii characters but it seemed to have
> not groked my accents properly.

The problem is in the To field, and comes from nmh's reply composition.
I'm told that we can't easily fix it without making assumptions about
the charset used in the header.  It's possible putting unencoded 8-bit
characters there is not legal?

I'd have to look it up again.  It is annoying.
I did submit a bug report to nmh about it, but savannah.gnu.org is not
up so I can't see the status.

Peter