Emacs info policy

Is there an official policy regarding the placement of emacs info
files in subdirectories of /usr/share/info/, and of the name and order
of related entries and sections in the Directory node?  I was
surprised to find no mention of info files in debian-emacs-policy (of
emacsen-common).

A year ago Rob Browning started a short thread "Support for multiple
installed versions of a program."[1] discussing more of the issues
involved here, and I am trying to figure out what the status is now
and what work may be needed on various info browsers.

Kirk

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-emacsen/2002/debian-emacsen-200201/msg00071.html