Re: can't type "Internet" or "internet"

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

> I find with these modes
> 7 lines matching "mode.*:" in buffer *Help*.
>       4:Message mode:
>       6:Like Text Mode but with these additional commands:
>     157:Mml minor mode (indicator MML):
>     201:Mc-Write minor mode (indicator MC-w):
>     215:Flyspell minor mode (indicator Fly):
>     244:Abbrev minor mode (indicator Abbrev):
>     250:auto-fill-function minor mode (indicator Fill):
>
> it is very hard to type the words
> Internet or internet
> they get changed to
> Interned or interned
> upon the following SPC.
>
> Try hitting R in gnus to this message and see if you can type Internet
> and then a SPC without it getting changed.

Sure.  I am doing so now.  Internet.  Internet.  Internet.  I use
all of the above modes, by the way.

> I see if I turn off Abbrev mode, all is ok.  Turning off Flyspell mode
> was not enough.

Do you have an abbrev for "internet"?  Do you have something
funny set up to expand words based on the system spelling
dictionary?
--
"Welcome to the Slippery Slope. Here is your handbasket.
 Say, can you work 70 hours this week?"