warn user of .newsrc.eld when failing gnus install

While the gnus maintainer is now hopefully making the gnus package
installable even on my system, I would recommend that if installation
fails, there be a messages emitted to see
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=u1y713qu2.fsf%40sdm.de
wherein we are told to manually delete the line "(setq
gnus-format-specs '(..." from .newsrc.eld
as the key to life with a removed gnus package, just using the
previous emacs underlying version.

Odd how the previous gnus package I had installed is gone too.
Fortunate that there is a gnus inside emacs to fall back on.
Unfortunate that I must brace for more mailbox corruption as I scrape
back and forth oort/non-oort.