emacs HELP!

Hi,
I am absolute beginner. I've solved problems how to input special characters and other things with the help of Robert and others. Now I begun to explore saving, previewing, pdf making. So far I now how to save :-). Preview gives me error about Latex unable to find preview images. But I have preview installed and in the proper place! If I try to preview or view it says: Symbol's function definition is void: call-with-transparent-undo. What does it mean? I am about to write my thesis, these are the last problems. Can someone help me?
Thanks a lot.
Petr

P.S. for Robert and others interested in chinese. I will probably use tipa for tone diacritics, besause I tipa seems so extensible! But of course, I still cannot see output of my tests with tipa, so... hopefully someone helps ;-)