Re: emacs21 -q vs. emacs -q

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:23:45AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Then why does
> $ emacs21 -q
> $ emacs -q
> give different results?  Must be one's ~/.Xresources

It might be better to use the x-resource `class' Emacs (capitalized), e.g.,
use:

   Emacs*foo: blah

rather than

   emacs*foo: blah

[caveat I haven't tested both -- I've always used `Emacs']

> OK, never mind.  Hmm, maybe one doesn't need .Xresources to customize
> it anymore, and can do it all from .emacs.

Sometimes there's an advantage to using .Xresources in that it gets read
earlier, so you can avoid some window resizing upon startup.

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."